30 July 2008

Management

Well, we have all just heard from the office that they are going to keep us all for the time being, though one of us is likely to have to stop working in urban design and more into architecture for a few months. Which is fine of course. Although this entire thing has just been a small and apparently needless emotional roller coaster. I think it's probably because in between the time they made the decision to can one of us to now, the office got a pretty big deal (and big money) project that would help 'float' one of us. So I'm fairly sure that's what turned the tide and I'm not complaining. Seeing as how I'm already picking up work for some other people around the office, I feel somewhat sure that this person who will be moved off is me, but that's okay. I don't mind varied work while I'm holding on to my job. And a change can be good every now and then as long as it's not permanent. So now I can focus on getting my dual citizenship sorted and quit worrying every day if I'm going to have a job tomorrow. Phew.

2 comments:

Clair said...

Yay. Phew. Etc.
x

Kopaylopa said...

clair- Indeed.

-K