25 July 2008

Foreshadowing

Okay, what the fuck. Seriously what the fuck fuck fuck?? I know I made a mistake this morning. All day I've been in a fucking funk because I let this thing get to me. Because I felt myself slipping and missing and hurting and being sad. Still, was that not enough?

I mean, someone explain to me, why today, I checked his profile when I didn't have to, when I shouldn't have. That it affected me, when I didn't want it to, when I wasn't prepared. That all day I've been dealing with that. So why then, why why why is today the day he decides to send me an email?

What I did was tremendous and huge and it took everything out of me while utterly breaking me in the process. Did I say that I thought I was making progress? That I thought things were improving? God help me but I am not strong enough to not send something back. I've already drafted it but I've had the sense to keep myself from sending it straight away.

Still, I know that I will send it by the end of the weekend. Why do I have to keep being the one who has to keep being the bad guy? Why do I keep having to get the shitty burden? Why am I so entangled with this person who has treated me so badly? Why do I keep holding out hope that all this time hasn't been in vain when it so obviously fucking was?

Fucking fuck fuck.
Rant over.

3 comments:

Clair said...

I feel for you, really I do. Because I, of course, would feel EXACTLY the same...

Kopaylopa said...

clair- It's so strange isn't it. But it's consoling to know that you aren't alone... even when you feel like it!

Minor perspective come the morning. While I am no less unsettled, I'm glad I didn't send what I initially wrote. And yes, I probably will respond (even though I shouldn't), but I need to think about it, and compose it more. Maybe I'll wait a week.

-K

Clair said...

Good idea. I usually jump in feet first and live to regret it. But hey, who am I to give advice, as I'm clearly doing absolutely *brilliantly* with my stuff at the moment, hem hem... ;-)