31 July 2007

Rough Week So Far

I got a headache on Monday and it hasn't gone away yet. Actually I think I got this headache on Friday. It all started with an unpleasant afternoon meeting. Then I think I had a pretty relaxing weekend, but my period was coming, and I think it contributed. I can't believe it's only Tuesday. I feel like it should be the end of the week.

Work has been particularly trying. There's one project in particular that I'm finding really difficult to deal with. And it's frustrating because I feel like it really shouldn't be this complicated, but no one can figure out why the dynamic is so poor.

I'm also under a reasonable amount of pressure from headhunters to jump ship. I'm waiting to hear back from the office about salary reviews which should come out either by the end of this week or by next week. If they match what I asked for, then I think I'm just going to stay put for another year. But if they don't, I will need to seriously consider moving. And the closeness of the possibility is stressful.

On top of this, my gynecology appointment is getting closer. Though it's still a good two weeks away. I just want to know what the hell is going on with all that as well. I need to know when this surgery is. I need to know how long I should expect to be in the hospital, and at home. This has an impact on these other thoughts about jobs. It also has an impact on any vacation plans I want to make.

I've also been having some heartfelt but necessary conversations with Mr.Aloof. I think it's tricky for both of us, because we both hoped that there would be some continuity or regularity and development to what was starting to take shape. And we will always have a connection. So there will be a bit of transition time, to reduce the intimacy and reconfirm the boundaries of the friendship. But we seem to be on the same page. And while it's sad, and disappointing, it's not devastating or overly emotional. And I guess that's good. Because it also shows me that I was correct in assessing my feelings about the involvement.

Still, it's going to take a while for the desires to cool. Not that they ever really do. But there's a difference between knowing that you're single and being in that mindset, versus having potential situations dangled in front of you, enticing you and inflaming you, and then having them be taken away. But I'm not worried, it'll all cool down eventually.

No comments: