02 July 2007

Medical Fetish

As in, I wish I had one. Because then my afternoon would have been a hoot. Still, since I'm so very perverted, it was enough to entertain myself throughout my afternoon by imagining just how exciting what I was going through would have been to a medical fetishist. How's that for self-entertainment. Only children rock.

As I said in my last post, I had a scan scheduled today to look at my cyst. It was an ultrasound. In the appointment letter the instructions clearly stated that I was to drink 8 mugs of water 90 minutes before my exam and not to empty my bladder. To be honest, if I drink 8 mugs of water in a day it's a big deal, so in 90 minutes, it was going to be quite trying. So I ended up drinking about 4 glasses of water and figured that was good enough because already I was thinking I needed to pee, but it was probably also nervousness as well.

My local hospital is about a ten minute walk from my house. So 45 minutes before my appointment I headed to the hospital. Which was about five minutes after it started to chuck it down with rain. The sound of dripping water everywhere and an increasing urge to pee. Really. So while I'm walking and considering how this is all very unfair, I start to consider how it could be used in a bdsm context. Making someone drink water and then controlling the urge to pee. The more I started to think about that, the more I started to consider other activities which led to an entirely different sort of urge. Then I was entertained thinking about how that's completely not what one needs!

So the entire way to the hospital I'm entertaining myself by thinking perverted thoughts. At least it passed the time. Arriving at the hospital I went to X-Ray and it was almost empty save for one woman in the large waiting room and one woman behind the desk. I went up to the woman at the counter and gave her my appointment slip. "Please tell me you wanted me to drink all that water for a urine sample. I really have to pee."

The woman informed me of my error and told me I should sit and wait, but that I was next and it shouldn't be long.

At least she wasn't lying. The scan woman came out fairly quickly and took me in to the exam room. Quickly getting down to business she spread cool slimy gel on my stomach and scanned me while getting my history. Almost as soon as she started she confirmed that I have a cyst. Like that was a surprise. The next thing she did was to ask me if I minded an internal exam so she could get a better look. Did I mind? Did I have a choice? They tell you something is growing in you and you aren't going to let them do what they need to do? No, I told her I didn't mind. She showed me the 'internal ultrasound tool' which really just looked like a slender dildo and I had to stifle a laugh.

At least she let me go to the toilet, so I was rushing off to go pee while she set up for the next part of the scan. When I came back she said to remove all my clothes from the waist down and hop back up on the table. Sometimes UK medicine makes me laugh. Very little modesty from time to time I've noticed. But what did I care? This woman was about to stick a piece of plastic up me, so it really wasn't the time to be shy. I stripped half down and got on the table. For the next five to ten minutes she scanned me from the inside. Occasionally asking if I was uncomfortable. I mean, I wasn't in particular. A couple of times it felt a bit strange, but again, I'd rather she really get a good look at what's going on in there, my comfort seemed slightly less important.

And that's pretty much all there is. Scans confirm that I have a 'large' cyst on my left ovary. The woman who did the scan said she would make sure my referral would go through to gynecology herself, seeing as how I have no follow up doctor appointment scheduled. She seemed to think I would get an appointment within two weeks. She said if I didn't hear anything within two weeks that I should follow up with urology and with my GP. So all in all, not the best news- because it pretty much means I will need surgery so now it's just going through the information stages and appointments to get to that moment. On the other hand, at least I know what it is now and something is being done about it. And it's just going to be whatever it's going to be. I don't anticipate that I'm going to enjoy the experience, but on the other hand, I will at least find it interesting- since I've never had surgery or anything else majorly wrong with me before. And hopefully that will be enough to get me through it.

2 comments:

X said...

All the best.

---X

Kopaylopa said...

don't worry about me kiddo. i'm sure i'll be fine. by the way, i totally web sleuthed you on facebook! *smirk*

-k