06 July 2007

A Brief Interlude

It's thirty minutes until my office summer party. The barbecue is flaming outside and I can hear the sounds of champagne bottles being opened. I've seen the standing lines of row after row of gin, vodka and other sundries. It's going to be a raucous evening.

To update in brief, Mr.Aloof did come by Tuesday night, but didn't stay over. We had a really good evening though of dinner, chatting, and curling up on the sofa together, so that was really nice. Work continues to be difficult and challenging but I'm still basking in the glow of 'being an architect' even if it is in New York and not the UK. Caught up with old friend CT last night in Camden which was really nice. Getting ready to host a friend who should arrive tomorrow though I'm not at all sure when. And I also need to start moving all of my movable items downstairs in preparation for Wednesday carpet removal. Sunday is T's birthday party which should be good. And this will also be my first meeting of the week with SH who is in town for the week. I need to remember to bring her my spare mobile phone. Tuesday next is currently on a 95% chance that I will be going down to see Mr.Aloof for the evening, though that missing 5% looms large in my thoughts. And so far, no news on when I might be having a follow up appointment with the gynecologist.

So there you have it. My life in a nutshell. It's going to be a mad couple of weeks....

No comments: