21 July 2007

Taking a Break

Well, it's just past eleven and I've done loads this morning so now I'm taking a break to sit on my couch, write on my blog and watch Scrubs.

So far this morning I have managed to move my wardrobes back into place and screw them back together. This may sound easy, but it's not- considering each of the three wardrobes weigh like a hundred pounds or something and do not move well on my nice thick new carpet. On the plus side, I managed to get an extension cord plugged into the plug that is located behind the wardrobes, so this means I won't have to trip over an electric cord stretched across my doorway. I also completely cleaned the top of the wardrobes and managed to clean off all the sticky fingerprints from them being moved about.

Next I moved all of my jewelery into a drawer that I'd forgotten about in the large table in my room. I mean, I remembered there was a drawer in the table, but I've never considered using it for anything, but then just yesterday I was looking for a jewelery box. This morning I woke up and thought, why look for a box, when I have this perfect drawer? So I moved all of it into the drawer and also moved up my other nightstand from downstairs (also cleaning it in the process).

Then I cleaned everything on the window sill by the head of my bed, and the window sill itself. Of course this required moving some things onto the table which I will need to sort out. I've decided what I really need are more storage boxes. I've ordered a bunch of under-bed storage bags- in part to replace the box which is in no way going back under my bed as it was a haven for the moths, but also so I can hopefully put some other things away under the bed that I just don't need frequently, but I need to keep safe. I also figure that putting things in bags and boxes will reduce how much dust I accumulate and have to take care of. Of course those bags won't be delivered for a week or two, so that's a bit annoying.

But now that the wardrobes are together, I can put all my clothes back into them! And that is huge for two reasons. First, I have not been able to find any clothes I want and getting dressed in the mornings has been a huge chore. Second, most of the things downstairs are clothes-related. So this means once I get all the clothes back into the wardrobe, and then the extra room furniture back into the extra room that some of my clothes are currently hanging out in, most of the downstairs will be cleaned up (aside from the huge box) and my house might return to some semblance of half normality.

In other less chore related musings, everyone is away this weekend which means it really is a nice quiet weekend at home. Though I feel like because I've been so stressed lately, I haven't had time to just 'hang out' with some of my friends, so it's a bit of a shame they're all away, but it lets me focus on getting my house in order.

Also, Mr.Aloof and toy have been gone for the week and seeing as how I was stressed and cranky last weekend, I decided I just wasn't going to think about them and see the week as a break. No email and no text. But Thursday and then Friday I got some texts off of them which was sort of nice because it was just after the final bit of stressful appointments, and it was nice to know that they were thinking about me. Hopefully we'll meet up next week when they're back. Well, that's the current plan at any rate.

No comments: