12 July 2007

Revenge of the Bugs

I think the word got out that I was depriving moths of their homes. Because yesterday at our weekly softball game in Regents Park I got attacked by all things small and bitey. No one else really seemed to have much trouble, but I managed to get bit. And one particular nasty bite was right on the outside of my elbow. This bite is huge now, and itchy. And very, very hot. Stupid bugs.

At home there are quite a few moths in the air. Bereft of their carpet, they just circle with no place to go. I kill as many as I can, still, the resurgence of the airborne is not particularly welcomed, even if they are just on their way to a miserable death.

The removal of the carpet was all a bit messy. When it was pulled up it was discovered that it had been laid with glue (which was all over the floor) and that prior to glue being spread all over the floor, a thin veneer had been laid and stapled down. Well this nasty shit needs to come up. But the removal guys didn't do it. So I started this morning, and it's not that bad, it's just messy, and there's quite a bit to do. I just need a day at home to do it, but that's simply a day I don't have.

And in final news, I did not end up going to see toy and Mr.Aloof last night. But it was for an acceptable reason and I probably could have gone down but decided that maybe it was just as well. And turns out that was probably right seeing as how the carpet guys showed up at 9am and there was no way I would have made it back by then! I might meet Mr.Aloof on Saturday by Borough Market for a drink, that would be nice. And I'll see him and her in another week or so, and we can pick up where things have been left off, so that's fine.

You know my elbow really itches. It's maddening.

No comments: