01 August 2007

Phew

Well, the weekend has arrived, and I'm very happy to see it. This week has been a bit mental, though I think it passed fairly quickly. Those tend to be the best sorts of weeks in some ways. Yesterday at work we did a huge 'office tidy' which I don't think they've ever really done and huge amounts of stuff were thrown out (or put out to recycle). It's a little bit strange though because now my desk is basically empty. If I was considering changing jobs, it occurred to me now would be a pretty easy time to do it.

But I'm still waiting for the salary letters to come out. There were lots of rumors flying around this week that we'd get the letters by Friday. I think this is because last Friday at office drinks our managing director said it would be soon and hopefully next week (meaning this week). But I'm fairly sure we should get them by the end of next week and then I can make some decisions about what I want to do about work.

I spent two evenings this week with a couple who are my mom's neighbors since the guy is over for work and his wife came along as a vacation. It's a little bit strange because they are sort of my mom's friends, but really they're my age. But that's cool, they're really nice and interesting people and I'm enjoying hanging out with them and showing them a little bit of my adopted city. I'll probably see them one more time before they leave next weekend.

I've also been back online and talking to new people which is good. Of course I've also already in the past week talked to people who are not at all suitable. It's the worst thing about dating- and in particular online dating, how many people are just complete freaks or jerks. But there are normal enough people tucked in between, and the bad ones just make for entertaining stories really. I've also been considering going to a club with someone as a way of potentially meeting new people. I was tempted to go last month, but I was too busy with things and probably not in the right frame of mind. My mindset is definitely in the right place now, but I think that the August club night is the same night as my birthday party, so that might not work out. I need to look it up.

Today I need to try and get stuff done around the house, and I need to pop by and feed and water T's cats. Tomorrow I'm going to the circus!

No comments: