31 May 2007

Limbo

All day yesterday I kept thinking that it was Thursday when in fact, it was Wednesday. Now so far today, I keep thinking that it is Wednesday, instead of in fact, Thursday.

This mild confusion is a good representation of my current mental state. There seem to be a few things that are 'up in the air' and I need to 'wait and see' about which causes me no shortage of distress. Not to mention that I am, as usual, very busy at work and so this is hugely adding to my stress at the moment, the amount of things I need to do.

Especially since it is actually Thursday and not Wednesday as I keep thinking.

Yesterday morning I had a doctor's appointment. This was a follow up to my scan that I had before I left for my trip home with the urologist who did not believe that I had kidney stones. So I had to wait for an appointment so they could tell me what the scan said and what they were going to do about it. As it turns out, they do not believe I had kidney stones. The scan showed no evidence of stones in either kidney. The scan did however show a 'large' cyst on my left ovary which is the same side I had the horrific pain on both times. So I have been discharged from urology and now away an appointment with gynecology so they can give me an ultrasound and see just what's going on in there.

Now I'm trying not to think about this much at all, because I just don't know enough to either be upset about it or not upset about it. Given that the cyst is 'large', it does seem likely that there is a good possibility it may need to be removed. But that doesn't mean it's life threatening or that I would necessarily lose my ovary. So really I just need to wait for this appointment and new scan and get more information before I know how to react to this new information. It is, however, a tad disconcerting to know you have some growth in you. And if it has been the cause of the pain I had both this past year and the year before, then that's also a bit troubling only that it didn't get picked up any sooner. Sometimes socialized health care sucks.

The other thing I am generally waiting on is that tomorrow is my annual review. I've not yet received my form from my line manager so my review may be postponed since you are supposed to get that back a couple of days before your review so you can respond to it in your form. So I don't know what exactly is going to happen there, but my form is otherwise filled out and I'm not pulling any punches about my dissatisfaction with my current employment. Which should be interesting. But again, I just have to wait. And possibly longer than a day.

D&V are also moving out at the end of this month, and there is lingering confusion as to what is happening with SH and whether or not she can be moving sooner rather than later. This means that my financial situation is going to dramatically shift and I'm not really looking forward to that, though I will admit to looking forward a bit to having my place to myself. Still, I can't completely afford to have my place to myself, not and enjoy my life. So that's also an unknown thing that is sort of hovering in the background.

Guess I should just put my head down and work.

No comments: