07 May 2007

Photography Marker

I just recently found information on this exhibition by Jill Greenberg. I think I came across it via another website which was talking about what photographers have to go through to get the shots they want. Apparently in this instance the toddlers in question were given candy, and then that candy was taken away. I mean, okay, I sort of like that idea in general which I know is a bit mean- though I'm sure once the photographs were taken they were probably given their candy back and happy as proverbial clams. Still, the imagery is quite powerful no? I can see why she would draw the parallel between the raw emotion of loss, anger, and frustration to what was, and generally continues to be, the current political situation. I think I should make place-markers out of photographers I find more frequently, as I often come across things that appeal for one reason or another.

No comments: