26 May 2007

Start of the Weekend

Well, the weather isn't really cooperating with the whole three day weekend sort of thing. Today is decidedly less than sunny and nice. And the news is, it's only supposed to get worse from here. How unfortunate.

Well, the official word is in- I did fail my Site Planning exam. But the good news is that I passed Building Technology and Building Planning! So while I did fail one test, it's now the only thing I have left to complete. I am also relieved but also annoyed to note that it only flagged one of the three problems as my reason for failure, and not even because I was below minimum competence. This sort of pisses me off- it means I failed for some obscure and probably stupid reason, not because I actually did anything particularly wrong. I'm tempted to write a letter of complaint, but I know it won't make any difference. Still, I'd like to register a formal complaint because I feel that these exams can be so ridiculously arbitrary. And it looks like I didn't really fail, but I failed anyway? How is that fair? It's the whole lack of feedback thing. Annoying.

Last night I had a very disturbing dream that I was on an airplane that crashed. I'm not entirely sure what made me dream about airplanes- perhaps that I have just booked a ticket to see my friend in Berlin in a few weeks. Or even that there were some on a program I was watching on television yesterday. Still, I don't really like dreaming about my worst fear coming true. And it was rather horrific. Air masks coming down and then cabin pressure changing and then the plane just lurched forward and started to plummet. That's when I woke up. Really. No call for this sort of thing whatsoever. And of course now I'm going to worry that it's some sort of premonition. FFS.

I've been to the gym this morning for an intensive weekend session. I'm thinking of heading upstairs and cleaning the bathroom so that I can settle into a nice bath. Except every time I go to take a bath I'm always reminded of how much I don't really enjoy them. Maybe it's because I'm too short and keep slipping in the tub so I can't quite prop myself up at the angle that is most effective for reading or dozing or anything else. I need a bathtub booster seat or something. Or a Japanese bath. Now that would be lovely.

At any rate, I should probably stop lounging about and go do something. Half the day is practically gone already!

No comments: