10 May 2007

!!!500!!!

I wasn't going to post much of anything important, but when I logged onto blogger it pointed out to me that if I wrote a new post, it would be my 500th. So I thought I might mark the occasion. Though I don't think there is anything particular to mark it with at the moment. Life rather continuous in it's varied and yet monotonous fashion.

There are never enough hours in the day to do all the things one wants to do. Even if you didn't have a job or responsibilities, there are still never enough hours in a day. Maybe it's because the mind can operate at such higher speeds than the body. Everything you can think of that seems like a good idea- that's easy. And it builds up. But actually finding the time and energy to do them, well, that's another monster entirely.

So, as for the generally update on things around here....

No word on my exams yet. Apparently there has been some huge fuck up in the grading or by the computers or something else. So the people in the testing batch before mine still haven't gotten their results. I'm thinking it could be another four weeks at least. So that sort of sucks.

Gym attendance is regular and steady-ish. I'm really trying to be good about going. And I do always enjoy when I go, it's just the going that seems to be an occasional problem. I slipped a bit over the weekend, but have made good this week by going every day so far. I am starting to see a few small results. I like that. I'm definitely a girl who works better on a reward type system.

My friends are all generally still as crazy as ever. A few key friends are all shacked up at the moment which I'm finding a bit annoying. Mainly because none of them seem to be good at learning how to make time for their friends as well as their partners. I know that this new person might be in your life, but I'm not dating them! And anyway, if I never get alone time with my friends, how am I supposed to catch up on how the relationship is going? I think it's an important balance really- I wholeheartedly believe that a good test of your new relationship is whether or not your partner can socialize with your friends, but it's also really important to be able to have your alone time with your friends and not have your partner around all the time. Bleh. I told one of my shacked up friends yesterday, maybe I should get some new friends. She thought I was kidding. And of course I was. Sort of.

The moth war continues. I think there was a resurgence in my absence. I think I have made up for this now and am continuing my pursuit of chemical warfare. Still, I don't think I will ever be truly rid of the resistance until I change my carpets. That might happen towards the end of summer. Until then, diligence and more diligence!

On the job front- I should get my CV together and look for a new job. Maybe if I say this enough, I will actually do it. Though in reality my CV is getting updated next week hopefully, so then it will be needing to send it out to firms. One step at a time. Nothing is changing where I am though. Great working environment, work that I enjoy, and zero respect (both in title and financially) from the management. So what do you do? You can't let yourself get stepped on forever....

So what does that leave? Relationships. Yeah. I don't even think I want to go there right now. On Nerve, photobloggers Kate&Camilla had a post about choosing career over family. This was Camilla in the conundrum. She's 29. And I understood what she's saying. I had the same conversation with SA on the weekend. If I didn't have a biological ticking clock, things would be a lot easier. Suffice to say, having not met the right person yet, I do go through phases of thinking it's never going to happen, and then wondering how I feel about all that. That's sort of where I'm at right now. And I ponder fairly regularly if I'm really okay with that.

And that's about it really. Nothing outrageous and not quite as dull as grass growing. Just life ticking on by.

No comments: