18 May 2007

Progress(ion)

Well first I should collect from all doubters, Mr.Aloof did not cancel, though I thought he was cancelling about 24 hours before we were supposed to meet up and I was quite cross about it.

So yesterday I had an appointment with my GP in the afternoon which meant no going back to work and I could head down south a bit early. Considering it takes me two hours to get to Mr.Aloof's house, an extra hour was certainly a benefit. I arrived just before 7pm, and he wasn't there to get me, so I walked to his place which isn't far from the station, I felt like I needed the walk anyway.

To interject, I had received some rather unfortunate news yesterday- which was that I believe I have failed at least one of my exams taken in April. There is a way of checking online in advance of the formal notice and my exam has 'popped up' for rescheduling, which is the general indication that you have failed. Even worse, this was the first exam, and the one I had felt really good about, so I am doubly upset by this revelation. Of course it's not official until I get the letter, but I don't really have any doubts. And so that sort of put me in a down mood seeing as how I was holding out some hope that I may actually get away with finally finishing all these fucking tests. But I guess not. I'll just have to retake it in October, and hopefully that will be that.

So anyway, I felt that a walk in the countryside might actually do me some good. And it wasn't bad. I got to Mr.Aloof's and he let me in. His little house has changed in it's furniture configuration yet again. It was a bit messy because he'd had people over the night before. But he set about cleaning up and cooking is dinner while I drank wine and we chatted.

It's nice how we chat now. Different from when we were 'together'. In particular I know that I find it easier to just say whatever I am thinking without wondering how he's going to take it. And because I'm more free with talking, then so is he. Which is funny, because we were always good at chatting before, but it's even better now.

After a surprisingly yummy dinner, we went out to the woods. In a few weeks time, there is to be a hunt. Have I mentioned the hunt yet? I don't remember. At any rate, there is to be an all night hunt in the woods. With tasks to accomplish, and hunters, and prey. The field of play is about a mile or so triangulated, so it's not a small thing we are talking about. On a hillside. It will be a challenging and invigorating night I'm sure.

Mr.Aloof had previously taken myself and toy up to the woods at night so we could get a feel for how it would be, before I went to the states. But since spring has sprung, it's all a bit different now. He had taken her again since we all went together, to review the 'path back' and so now it was my turn. So off we went to the woods for a bit of a night hike. It was pretty cool. I've always enjoyed the solitude of wilderness at night. And we had a miles hike in each direction, sometimes lit by moonlight and sometimes quite murky and dark within the trees.

Then it was back home. My hiking shoes were clogged with dirt, and the bottom of my jeans were muddied. We set about getting ready for bed, and to take a bath. Mr.Aloof had stripped down to jeans, and I had stripped down to nothing when he came upon me in his room and grabbing me by the neck, roughly pinned me to the bed.

Pressing into me he leaned over towards my ear, "I owe you for those dog pictures."

I squirmed away from him and stood up. "What, you think you can pin me?"

He cocked an eyebrow at me. "You just keep digging that hole..." he said before he lunged, taking me with him as we tumbled to the bed. He ended up sitting on top of me and pounded on my shoulder until I cried out. Changing position I tried to scramble out of reach while he kept pulling me back. I saw him sliding his belt out of his pants with one hand, while holding me fast with the other. I renewed my struggle in earnest and the belt started flying.

I'm not quite sure how long we tussled. I didn't make it easy for him, but I couldn't completely get away either. And the entire time, the belt was snapping and cracking where it could. Eventually we were both breathing hard and were hot. He stopped and headed to the bath. I got up and checked myself in the mirror. I could see red lashes on my thighs. In the bathroom he grabbed me again and turned me around, pushing me against the wall and lightly tracing my backside. "What a fantastic mark." I was a little bit jealous. I couldn't see it. "That was for one dog. How many dogs have there been?" Shit I thought. A hundred? Shit shit shit!

We climbed into the bath for a soak facing each other Unfortunately, my back was against the tap which was too hot to touch, so I had to lean forward. We idled lazily in the warm water, chatting. I was leaning on his knee zoning out, "You look like the picture of serendipity." I grinned and thought about how 'Serendipity' was the name of a book I'd had as a child about a purple monster. Eventually we got out, dried off, and fell asleep almost immediately.

I slept a bit restlessly. My pounded shoulder was aching every time I rolled on it. Plus a different bed and street noises and the like wouldn't quite let me relax. In the morning Mr.Aloof made me tea as we struggled to alertness. I was convinced my arm would be black and blue, but there wasn't a mark on it. And the majority of my red stripes had all disappeared by morning, though some were slightly visible on the top of my right thigh.

We drove along Box Hill where I spotted a wild pheasant and a hopping bunny on the way to Morden where he dropped me off at the tube. We emailed a little bit this morning. Seems like some interesting times ahead. Well, in a week at any rate. He's off on holiday with the family. I sent him this photo in honor of his trip.... *smirk*

No comments: