24 May 2007

The Letter H

Well, I have two things on my mind today. Both begin with the letter 'H'. I'll consider while I write about them, if there are any others to add as well.

First, 'hits'. As in, my blog is getting so many hits it's a bit mental. All for a picture I posted ages ago in 2005. Now, I scrounged the picture off the internet having received it by email many moons before that. Because I felt it was an appropriate visual image to go with my post at the time. Now, for some reason, my pilfered version of this image is the second choice when you google search for the same image. Which means people have been visiting by the truckloads. Which is only a little bit funny because why are so many people looking for this particular image? That's a very good question. At any rate, I'm getting loads of hits all from people google searching. Very interesting.

Second, 'hunt'. This week I have not been in touch with Mr.Aloof seeing as he is on vacation. But I look forward to his return and the much anticipated hunt. Now most of the detail to the hunt is outside of my knowledge. I am after all, slated as the lowest rung on the ladder- the prey. Well of course I was going to be the prey- is that really a surprise? Now toy, toy is supposed to find me. So I guess she's a huntress. But Mr.Aloof is also hunting in the woods, and we are both supposed to avoid him at all costs. So there's a clear hierarchy of three: Mr.Aloof-->toy-->me. Now having been out at night to this field twice, I did remark to Mr.Aloof that it is a bit large, so that in reality if my job is simply to avoid everyone it ought not be that difficult. To which he informed me that it would not be nearly so simple, but that there would be a series of tasks set for both toy and myself that would a) keep us fully engaged throughout the entire evening b) require us to go to certain specific places which would make being caught a significant risk- either by each other or by himself. So this has been the general theme of things for some time until recently it occurred to me that it would be highly likely given what I know of all parties involved that some of the tasks may very well involve the additional element of other people with their own particular tasks in the woods. And this realization has not been confirmed but has also not been denied meaning that it is pretty much a surety. Now this thought generally scares the crap out of me, but is also thrilling and exciting at the same time. Sort of like how you might feel before you go on a roller coaster. The hunt has been talked about now for a few months. The hunt is going to happen soon. The hunt is on my mind.

Yeah, that's it I think. No more H's at the moment. Below is the setting for the hunt, if you're interested.

2 comments:

Louche said...

This hunt sounds brilliant, please do tell us more about it.

Kopaylopa said...

Oh don't you worry. All will (eventually) be revealed.....

-K