25 February 2006

There's Gonna Be Some Cooking Going On

I have the ingredients to do two cooking experiments. The first I will be cooking this evening, and tlsd will be my lucky guinnea pig. Tonight the plan is to make a smoked trout and new potoato salad from Jamie Oliver's 'Jamie's Dinners' cookbook. So far, everything I've made from this cookbook has turned out really well, so I'm hoping this particular entry will be no exception.

Of course, I only had half the trout I needed, so I'm going to half the recipe. This will probably be okay, as every other time I cook food, there is always way too much of it anyway. And more importantly, I need to clear the fridge and make room for my cooking experiment tomorrow which is to make my very own crispy duck.

Now, crispy duck is not something that I ever had in the states. There is always Peking Duck in most restaurants, but it's not at all the same as Crispy Duck. But my intent is not to deep fry a duck. Instead, I am again taking a page from Jamie's Dinners and am going to try to make my own baked crispy duck. I bought the pancakes and am all ready, it's just the duck that's a bit of a mystery. I bought it today. It's large. I've never cooked a duck before, this should be interesting. My guess is flatmate D and tlsd will probably share in this experiment as well.

So. Broadway Market? Check. Studying? No. Cleaning? No. Laundry? No. TV watching? Check. Interent surfing? Check. Gym attendance? No. Work that I brought home from the office? No. Well. I can see how this weekend is going.

3 comments:

moi said...

K... and it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD........... mmmm.... I like being your guinea pig... for food tasting... obviously not for anything else...

Everyone should know you're a bloody fantastic cook!

X said...

Good cooking is the way to a man's heart, apparently. Planning on doing a tour of any sort?

---X

Kopaylopa said...

tlsd- You failed in your mission to inform everyone how funny the 'crispy duck' link was in this blog! Glad you liked it, even in your ill and infirm state. And I have aaaaalllll the desserts now!

X- What, I don't already have yours? The masses couldn't take it I tell you. There would be pandemonium!