12 February 2006

A Head Question

Oh, I bet you thought I was going to talk about something sexual. WRONG! Inspired by this news article, I began to wonder, when exactly does a head become a skull? And when is it okay to handle someone's head? I mean, in fairness, you could boil all the meat and other stringy things off a recently detached head and render it a skull, and if a body was buried in the dessert it could be thousands of years old and still have bits of skin and hair and bone attached and be a head. Is it the recently deceased aspect of a head that makes it taboo or is it the resemblance remaining to the person it once was? In either case, to be safe, I think the moral of this story is clear- just stay away from handling heads.

6 comments:

moi said...

... oh come on a head is ok as a gift surely... I mean it's ok to give head... right...

*smirk*

kybruno said...

Seems like eBay banned the selling of human skulls not too long ago, and Joe Pesci should have stayed away from the 8 in the dufflebag. And Queequeg can't even sell his head before he mets up with Ishmael. And CSI finds the damned things all the time. . .

And yes, getting head is one of the two or three good things in life.

X said...

Tlsd, I like the way you think. Call me.

If you want another perspective on this situation, ask the boy Arlington Hynes. His site is a unique kind of awesome.

---X

Kopaylopa said...

To steal a line from CJC, oh my dirty little peverts.... :)

-K

Anonymous said...

Just a note, against a spectacularly inappropriate entry, to say I enjoy living vicariously through you Blog. I started reading it a month or two ago when I searched for Hackney, where I now live. You have, in a small way, encouraged me to start my own blog at http://thechangingman.livejournal.com/
That's all.

Kopaylopa said...

Welcome changingman. And here I thought when I got the email for your comment it was going to be about the next post I made this morning which is far more spectacularly inappropriate. I guess I'm on a roll. See everyone, this is what lack of head can do to a person!! (In keeping with the theme of this particular blog.) :)

-K