10 February 2006

The Final Leg

In order to wrap things up and get back to my regular blogging information which is being held up by my stubborn and systematic ways, AND because my boss and H are away for a project that didn't go to me, not to mention the fact that it's Friday, I'm just going to go blog-happy.

So we arrived in Porto. And really, in truth, there is not too much to say about Porto except that it was good fun and lots of port was drunk and squid eaten and so on and so forth. With the hiccup behind us and 22% alcohol as part of our daily routine, it was a good way to wind things up. Porto was dirtier than Lisbon and in some ways not as pretty and in other ways more pretty. Everything was still pretty dirt cheap. We got separate rooms at the hotel which seemed to work fine, and a good time was had by all.

I think it was good to ditch the car at the hotel garage and be back on foot. Clearly this made SH much happier and calmer, and there was just so much to see. We bought lots of port as well, but hey, it was cheap and it was damn good so no one can fault us for that. And we managed to pretty much do everything on our short list of 'things we want to do in Porto in two days'.

And so with bags completely packed full and port bottles padded, we got ourselves to the airport no problem and back to London where our flight was delayed, the people at passport control felt the need to harass us, and we just got the last Stanstead express by like, 4 minutes. Which brings me to some more updated and amusing stories of this week, but I think I'll just make another post for that.

Portugal. I recommend it.

2 comments:

moi said...

... blah blah blah...
Couldn't you have done that in one blog.... *sigh*

... give your readers want they strive to hear: what of Mr Aloof; where is Mr Ball; how is the hot chick, tlsd, who you want to snog; what happened in the work aftermath; who has the green leather things...

Kopaylopa said...

Listen ho. First of all, you just said to me at lunch that everything I write you generally know anyway so I don't know WHAT you're complaining about. And you were also too early as the next series of updates are more along the lines of the more usual humerous antics. In fact, you partially feature in the next one I'm about to write....

-K