26 February 2006

Ikea, D, and a Sandwich

Today tlsd and I went off to Ikea with the express purpose for her to get a big fluffly down duvet and for me to get a pot for my plant and a replacement filter for my stove air handler. Of course tlsd was a bit under the weather, and we had to wait thirty minutes for our train out in the cold, but we did make it and got down to the serious business of shopping at Ikea.

It's always tricky, because you know before you go that you will be sorely tempted by a million inexpensive and colorful products that are guaranteed to make you think you can carry just that little bit more home. This trip was no exception. I did manage to get a pot for my plant that I really like, but they told me I couldn't get the filter for my vent, that I had to get it from Whirlpool which seems idiotic. Then I managed to get a whole host of other little odds and ends that I didn't really need, but made me happy. Tlsd was the same.

With so much stuff, we opted to split a minicab back to our neck of the woods, which allowed us to go get another bag of goodies from the food area right past checkout. The cab was alright, though I don't know how much it ended up costing as I was the first drop-off. Stupid traffic has been a wreck with all the local roadworks and crazy people causing a fuss in the middle of the streets.

At home I managed to get a couple things done, but being tired decided to zone out instead, which I will pay for shortly as I do really need to get some things done before tomorrow. Then flatmate D and his girlfriend V came home and D says to me "K, we wanted to talk to you." which just freaks my shit out. I don't like anyone saying that "they need to talk to me" because it makes me instantly feel like I'm going to hear something I don't want to hear. But it turned out to be all cute and fine because they were really concerned that with V coming over almost every weekend it seems, that they were 'imposing' on my space. But not really because they spend all their time holed up in D's room anyway and I never even see them when she's over. And a couple nights a week is reasonable I think, for a girlfriend- it's when it becomes three, four, or five nights a week consistently that I think it's a bigger problem. It's nice that they asked though. So cute.

Now, I am preparing to eat a sandwich that I made before I decided to sit down and write this blog. On a croissant I have put some honey, some mustard, some thin sliced honey-roast turkey, some brie, and some green apples. It's a reconstruction of a sandwich I used to eat in college all the time from this popular sandwich shop on 'the corner'. I'm rather looking forward to it, but not, to going to work tomorrow.

4 comments:

moi said...

was it good?... the sarnie I mean...

I went straight to bed, even though it was 5:30 or something...
by the time I'd got the bed made I had no energy left at all...

Kopaylopa said...

tlsd- Yes, quite tasty. Though it could have used more honey-mustard. No duck tonight, I couldn't find plum sauce! Guess I'll be heading down to the vietnamese markets some time soon.

moi said...

K... no plum sauce?!! are you looking in the right place?! They always have plum sauce!...

:0(

my head hurrrrts...

moi said...

oh pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeese do a blog... relieve my woozy boredom...