26 June 2008

Packing

Once upon a time, I had purchased a number of small items for a group of people who were going to have a play in the woods one night. Of course, like so many other things, this planned evening was yet another disappointment and built up expectation that never came to be. But I shouldn't dwell.

Regardless, the small bag of items purchased has been sitting gathering dust in a corner of my room, as I wasn't sure what else to do with them. I'm always reluctant to throw away useful things, but how often does one go traipsing in the woods?

Enter Glastonbury. I am using almost every item in the bag- or bringing the extras for other people to use (as was the original intent anyway- different people, different intents). And it's like a small purging. And I'm glad to find a use for these things, and to have them removed.

'Things' are like portable scars. I'm feeling a bit with the Buddhists on this one. How freeing it would (but also how horrifying) to be relieved of all of my worldly possessions. There was some study done recently about the actual physical (and therefor measurable) attachment to 'stuff' that people have, and the pain that it can cause them. Interesting.

At any rate, I have very little time this morning to amass what seems to be a great deal of 'stuff' that all needs to get to T & D's house so it can be loaded in the camper van. I'm probably taking too much stuff, but I'm not really a roughing it sort of girl. Though I am a fairly low maintenance sort of girl, so thank god for small graces. No makeup or things of that nature required. Still, the pile on my bed to be packed seems large. And I need to go to the grocery store. And shower.

So I need to get off line is what I'm really saying.

In other exciting news, my tomato plant, as grown from a seedling, has itsy bitsy teeny weeny baby tomato blips where some flowers used to be. I'm so excited it's ridiculous- more excited even, than I am about going to Glastonbury. See, ridiculous!

No comments: