23 June 2008

Monday Night

Three nights to go and then I'm off. I feel woefully unprepared. Too much rushing about. Too much coordination of other people. It's always the other people that's the problem, no? In our case, it's six people in total and I'd say that really it's only two people that are creating a minor disruption. To take that further, it's really only one person who is creating a disruption, though it entangles another which makes it all a bit stressful.

I'm sure that in the end it will all be okay. Hopefully there won't be any hard feelings taken along, but I fear that there might be. This is not how you want to go about what will likely be a stressful period anyway. Again though, many of the issues come back to just one person. But so much depends on this person, that it's not really something that can be ignored by everyone else.

I'm going to try my best to stay calm and mostly out of it- since very little of the deciding has anything to do with me. Still, it's going to all be upon me before I know it. I'm trying not to panic.

I'll see if I can get my next story installment up before I go- I keep thinking about it (and such entertainment it's providing, let me say), but I think I would like to commit it to words. Moving on, moving on. It's so hard to know that the people you cared about have already moved on- moved on long ago. I keep finding myself hoping for some shred of information that something bad has happened to them. Surely this isn't healthy, but I'm not sure how not to think about it.

Five days away from the computer should help.

No comments: