05 June 2008

And Finally, Some Good News

So the doctor's appointment was today. Headed over to the hospital around lunch. Had my appointment lined up. After some initial confusion- couldn't find the clinic, then they couldn't find my records, we were finally ready to get down to business.

As it turns out, when I had a scan in August, while I was in a lot of pain and doped up on a lot of morphine, they saw something on my right ovary then. I don't really remember this. What I do remember is that after the surgery, when they showed me some photos of my insides, including my right ovary, what they said was, "It all looks healthy and normal.".

So when I went for my scan a couple weeks back, the radiologist asked me if they had seen anything on my right ovary. And what I remembered was that they said that it looked healthy and normal. So that's why she rushed everything through. But as it turns out, it's the same thing that they saw nine months ago. And the good part is, it hasn't grown at all.

What this means, is that they think it's okay at the moment. I have another scan and appointment scheduled for six months from now. If it continues to show no growth or change, this is good. So it was a few weeks of worry, but all is well at the moment. This is certainly good news.

3 comments:

Clair said...

Hoo. And indeed, ray x

Anonymous said...

Well you were certainly due some good news. :)

Kopaylopa said...

Thanks guys! Now no more fun ultrasound dildo stories until December... ;)

-K