08 June 2006

Summer Season

Last night was the start of office softball, which for me tends to represent summer in London. It's always a pain getting out of the office and to Regent's Park, and last night was no exception. With five of us already piled into the car, we were waiting on one more who insisted on having a ride, except he was being slow while everyone else was waiting. I said we should just go, but we waited and waited until eventually he showed up and squeezed in the back seat. Then we had a torturous drive through London rush-hour traffic to get to Gloucester Gate where we were finally able to meet up with the people we were playing with and set up camp in the park. And what a beautiful afternoon/evening it was to be hanging about in the green grass knocking a ball about. It doesn't hurt of course, that we spanked our opponents silly, 45-19. Which was really only because they were that bad and not at all because we are good. Still, it added to the experience!

Afterwards, everyone and their mother tends to go to the Edinboro Castle which is always packed full of people. I really wasn't in the mood to go anywhere packed full of people and was feeling particularly tired and grumpy having popped a Benadryl in the park because of allergy irritations. Somehow though, I managed to stay until eleven, and past the time when other people had left, so I guess it wasn't all that bad after all, though I still could have quite easily just gone home and been just as happy.

Home has been a bit strange lately as I haven't seen my flatmate D except for minutes in passing. I think he's been staying over at his girlfriend's, which is cool. I think he's doing it on purpose as she has spent an awful lot of time at ours. Still, I don't want to feel like I've pushed them out in any way, and also, it's really strange to see signs that things have moved around slightly, but to have no one there. I guess what I'm saying is I rather like having a flatmate, and while I do like my alone time, I guess I like it better when I know that I'm going to have time to myself, and not when it's a surprise.

There isn't too much else going on in the way of things. Oh... I guess there are various things going on, but I don't feel like talking about them for various reasons. I still love my rug though. Ah.... rug.

5 comments:

moi said...

hey that photo wasn't that blurry when I took it...

Kopaylopa said...

yeah, your hand shakes. whatevs. ;)

-K

moi said...

Ok my hand shakes... occasionally... it depends what I'm doing...

ahem.

I need a cold shower...

Kopaylopa said...

or an ice cube.

-k

moi said...

mmmmm

... yes one of those tongue shaped once we saw in wollworths...