26 June 2006

Last Night I Had The Strangest Dream

I should have written it in my dream book, but I stayed in bed too long and needed to get moving, and anyway, it always seems like a hassle to write things in my dream book, and then I wish I'd done it later.

It started at work. Work was a much larger place with staggered levels. There were lots of windows and sunlight coming in. There was something about email, or a file. I had to go try someone else's computer to get to what I needed. Maybe there was pressure to find it. I don't remember.

For lunch I met up with SH and we get on a boat to go check out Sweden. We get to a vantage point and see all these boats in a harbor and a really cool castle on a rock. We think that the castle seems really cool and we should come back because it's so easy to get to Sweden on a lunch break! It was very touristy, and perhaps someone was telling us about this one turret where something in particular happened historically. Then something shifts and we are suddenly on the island castle in the very area we were just being told about. But lunch is only an hour and I we need to get back!

So we are on some sort of boat and there are two paths back, but we can't go the way we came from, which was Denmark because there is a giant mermaid who guards the boundary in the water and you have to go down this other channel/canal to get back around. So we start going that way, and good thing we did as I see the seven story mermaid in the water as we go past the quicker route.

Then, not really sure where I end up but there's a box of kittens who are all black and grey and striped in different and unusual ways for cats. They are all very cute and I'm trying to pick out the one I want which is the smallest one who is mostly black. Then I'm in some house and we're trying to watch the cats but some have gotten out and are hiding and climbing in all sorts of places, so I'm trying to collect them and then I'm talking to them. And it turns out the kittens have super-powers. So then we're organizing some sort of operation on some other building and the little black kitten that's my favorite is super fast and small, so she'll be going in first to do recon and prepare the way for the rest of us.

I know that doesn't make the most sense. But then, often times, my dreams don't. But at least they're fun.

1 comment:

moi said...

seriously you should collect them together and publish them in a book as short stories...

;op