06 April 2006

Where is My Mind?

Full crisis mode achieved. All brain survival functions on auto-pilot. All higher functions in complete meltdown. I can't focus on anything. I can't concentrate on anything. There is too much to do. There is no time left. It is as if my brain were a barrel of fish that someone has dumped on the pier and they are flailing and flopping about, gills desperately flapping as they writhe and suffocate. I don't want to be at work. I don't want to go. I don't want to take these exams. I want to go hide in my bed with the duvet pulled over me and pretend the entire world doesn't exist. I have officially lost my mind.

7 comments:

kybruno said...

sanity is sooo over-rated.

moi said...

Sorry did you EVER have higher brain functions? Seriously walking and talking have been a struggle for you today...

Who ever wants to take exams... nutter.. Oh yeah can I go take them for you, can I? Go on let me.*

*NB: not a serious offer

moi said...

Kyb what do you know of sanity? *smirk*

Anonymous said...

You have lost your mind? I know what its like when you are packing for a trip. You can never find anything. Have you looked under the cushions on the sofa? In the pockets of a jacket you haven't worn for a while? Or what about at the bottom of the laundry basket?
Anyway so long as you know where your passport, tickets, keys and spare knickers are you can probably do without your mind for the trip.
Have fun.

Kopaylopa said...

The nice thing about returning to your country of origin and staying with family is that even if you forget something, it's really not that hard to replace. Oh... nail polish.. must go back upstairs and get the nail polish..... aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

-K

X said...

Best of luck, Kay.

---X

moi said...

Changing man you assume too much...

Don't assume K even wears knickers...

for the record she arrived safely... and will be partying at a wedding shortly