02 April 2006

Countdown to Implosion

Yesterday was a fun day. I can't believe today is Sunday now, half gone. As usual started with good intentions that slowly got the better of me and slipped away. Yesterday I went to C's house with some others to look at her mothers fun jewelry and make everyone some quesadillas and guacamole. That was good entertainment for the early afternoon. Then in the evening went to SA's housewarming/birthday. Except I didn't know it was his birthday, so that was bad maybe. But it also turned out to be a less painful experience than I anticipated, so by default, was good.

Of course while making the food at C's house, I managed to get some chili oil on my fingers. This was unfortunately transferred during a bathroom break to a part of anatomy that I don't recommend getting chili oil on. Unless of course, you're a masochist, which I guess it's a good thing I am, because I found the discomfort more amusing than upsetting.

Today tlsd and I had some dim sum an then did a mondo shop at one of the Vietnamese groceries down Mare Street. I got all sorts of good stuff and then I remember that I'm only here another five nights and then it's America-bound.

And I am completely freaking out about flights, about exams, about not wanting to leave, about spending time with my family who have the infinite capacity to bother me..... But it's the flights and exams that are currently holding number one and two by leaps and bounds beyond the others. I feel like death is awaiting me, in one form or another.

No comments: