12 April 2006

Giant Rats

I'll have to wait until I get back to post my camera phone picture. I sent it to tlsd today because it was strange and funny. Apparently there is some building going up that is using non-union labor so the union has come out and inflated giant rats by the building encouraging all the illegals to sign up to the union. In the meantime, what this really means is there are two giant inflated rats on Atlantic Avenue. How odd.

I always come home and I get in a funk, but I'm not sharing anything that is good or funny happening here and that's wrong. Because there is lots going on that is otherwise entertaining if I could stop being annoyed for five seconds.
Like all you can eats sushi. And not BAD sushi, it was GOOD sushi. I shit you not. Spider rolls and everything. I sent tlsd a picture of that too, though when she didn't respond I followed up with a text that would have reached her around 1am. Teach you to ignore me and my sushi biznatch! I've only had sushi once here so far which means I'm a bit lagging behind in my quota.

But I've had a couple of bagels and lox which have all been excellent, and yesterday I got an icey. Which is maybe hard to explain and if I wasn't on this fucking mac I'd find a link for you to see. It's not ice cream and it's not shaved ice with flavor poured over it, it's integrated into the mixture, but it's not cream based. You used to get it from the pizza parlors when I was growing up and it always came served in folded paper cup/containers that you would squish and unroll to get the last bit of melted ice out of. Yesterday I had a cherry chocolate chip ice. Which was like a gourmet icey and completely sacrilegious, but also oh so tasty.
The weather has been fab. Sunny and mildly warm with trees in blossom, though this has been making me sneeze quite a bit, or maybe it's the cats.

Really I haven't been enjoying the weather too much because I've been inside trying to force myself to study.
Oh yes, and one exam is now over. This was the one I thought I may have a chance of passing. And, well, I may have a chance of passing it. But I also find that wrong on about a million sorts of levels. If I don't pass, then the world will be adjusting the karma factors correctly and if I do pass, then it will somehow reinforce to me that I'm a huge fake somehow. Don't ask. I never claimed to make sense.

Back to good things though... cable television is entertaining me, as well as American commercials that I've not seen yet so I think are funny. My bruises from last Tuesday are mostly faded now. There were a couple of close calls in the hotel room in Detroit with my mother which sort of added to my fun in some way. But she was none the wiser and now I am mostly unmarked again, and so that's all fine. Of course I'm not trying to think about my relationship conundrums at the moment. I will deal with it when I get back. Maybe. In the meantime I need to go study for the test I really will fail, because I haven't really studied for it yet at all. And it's not reasonable to study for an exam for a day and then pass it. I mean really, it's just not. And then it's down to DC on Friday where I'll have access to a real computer and might be able to do something about these haphazard posts I've been making.

No comments: