27 April 2006

Only Thursday

Can you spot the trend this week? Fuck is it but dragging itself along. I am still waking up a bit confused. I'm not quite back in the swing of things as it were. Though I am at least halfway unpacked now.

Still no word on my exams. It's been two weeks since the first and one week since the second. I hate waiting. Especially for an automatically graded computerized multiple choice test. Just give me my fucking results. On the other hand, it is so nice to be able to go home and not 'have to be studying'. Tremendously liberating. Frees up all that time to do.... nothing.

I am feeling the urge to do a major sort of spring cleaning. I started this process before I left, taking a few bags of old clothes to the donation bin. Of course I have more bags to go. I want to thoroughly thin my wardrobe down to just the things I really wear. This will enable me to buy more clothes, obviously.

My next big household task may be replacing the carpet. It continually disgusts me. I don't know exactly what is involved in replacing a carpet which is part of the reason I've been putting it off. For example, there are lots of things ON the carpet. Do they move that stuff all for you, or do they expect you to clear your floors? Tricky tricky. But it may be something that gets done by the end of this year. It is seriously driving me batty.

That makes me feel so...elitist. To have my largest troubling external influence at the moment to be my disgusting hideous blue office grade carpet. There is something not right about that.

Anyway. It's nice and sunny here today. I like that spring has sprung, even if it means I keep sneezing.

3 comments:

moi said...

for a moment then I thought I read the word 'CLEANING'...

But now I can't focus due to the tears of laughter rolling down my cheeks... nah it couldn't of said 'cleaning' my mistake...

*smirk*

Kopaylopa said...

I'm sorry, did you want that sweater, or should I just go ahead and put it in the donation bin......?

-K

moi said...

Sweater? What sweater?
Im cold I want a sweater now...