10 April 2008

Short Rest

I have a bunch of stuff I need to do tonight. First and foremost is my next article which requires a little bit of online research. I think. If I write about who I think I'm going to write about. Otherwise it requires some reading and some scanning at the office tomorrow. But I'm leaning towards the online version.

Distance making with Mr.Aloof going along as planned. I've had some moments in both directions but at the moment I'm calm and still very committed to my intentions. I think he knows that something is different but he's not really with it enough to work out what it is. Plus, he doesn't realize that when I start to act like him, it's not normal, it's actually wrong. So he hasn't mentioned anything about it yet and I continue to be polite but distant. He sent me an email yesterday. I'll reply tomorrow.

Work has been busy this first week back. I'm cranking to get a report together by the end of the day tomorrow. It's mostly done now except for one chapter which really just involves formatting a bunch of information I have on email into the report format. So that should go okay.

Looking forward to the weekend. I'm getting my hair cut and colored. A few people have commented on how long it is at the moment, but also how much they like it long. The last time I tried to explain to my hairdresser that I wanted to keep some of the length, he still cut it too short. So I'll see how it goes this time but if it comes out less than exceptional again, I may need to reconsider who cuts my hair. Which would be a shame because he's done such a great job in the past. I'm looking forward to covering my grey however. Starting to get sparkly up there.

I need to get some dinner together. I'm torn between various options and also the whole 'ease' factor. I'm still not sure what I'm going to make. I don't think I'm that hungry so maybe something light. Or maybe just some basmati rice with pine nuts and onions and spices. That's sounding particularly easy and tasty at the moment.

Anyway, that's the quick update about what's going on around here. This first week back has just flown past. But at least I feel more like I'm settling in.

No comments: