29 March 2008

Today Out

Well, just a morning laze about until I need to hop in the shower to spend the day with my friend A. We're meeting for lunch at Carnegie Deli and then taking it from there. I haven't been very motivated to do very much the past couple days. My mom wants to go to museums and go shopping and I've been rather noncommittal on the whole thing. At the moment I am enjoying being a sloth.

But today that will change and perhaps it will jump start my week. See, I don't know where last week went at all. I was supposed to write an article or two but somehow convinced myself it was still the week before. It's like I've lost an entire seven days without realizing it.

And now I'm looking around for a suitable artist. I have one but it's only four images so I'm not that keen. And I was hoping to write about a gallery here, but the owner won't come down from upstate to show it to me, so I nixed that. And all of this is on 'stolen' internet which occasionally goes out on me, but I'm not really complaining because it's free internet. Hooray!

Speaking of which, I love the names people have for their networks. I rather like the name I have for my own home network, but I've hidden it to the point where you have to know the name in order to even see it on an 'available network search' so I can't tell it to you. But really, some of the one's around my mom's house are hilarious.

Anyway, since I've been sitting on the couch mostly, there isn't loads to tell. I've been having a million conversations with Mr.Aloof in my head. Well, not really conversations, more like telling him what I think about him. As if I were composing a letter or a diatribe. It would be pointless to actually send something so hurtful and exposing, but I may write it down to get it out of my system. No reply to either of my emails to him or toy, which is just as well. It gives me the time to refocus on how I want things to be from here out. And to really stick into my head how I do not like the person that he is.

In related news, and perhaps because it's spring, I've had about a million unsolicited emails on IC recently. Okay, not a million, but a lot. But fucking hell men are completely retarded when it comes to conversation. Or paying attention. I'm not sure even one of the people who has contacted me is worth continuing to talk to. One might just be, maybe. But the others are pretty much a resounding 'no'.

I mean, if you are going to meet people online, then you really need to be able to think beyond the step of 'Hi, I thought your profile looked interesting do you like mine?". If I say yes, then for fucks sake have something else to say! And it's not my fucking job to make all the conversation. If I ask you questions, don't you dare say 'and how about you answer the same' without adding anything new. Because then what if I did, okay, I answer the exact same questions I asked you.... and then what? Do I need to come up with all the new conversation topics again?? Seriously. I hate people sometimes and their ineptitude. It is not rocket science. It's social graces. As in, please get some.

Anyway. I need to unstick my ass from this sofa and get a move on for the day. At least it looks utterly brilliant and blue skied outside. And it will be good to see A because she has a long standing man problem and I'm sure we will lend each other some good friend support in our similar but unrelated relationship woes. It's always good to get some backup. Just me and the big bad city today. Woo hoo!

No comments: