10 March 2008

One Wedding Down

Back from Italy. It was pretty good. That was in spite of the fact that the flight there had some bad turbulence, and it proceeded to rain and be chilly when that hadn't been what the weather had predicted. Still, Bologna was pretty interesting, and not a bad place to be if it's raining as the city is known for it's covered pavements.

Plus there was some excellent shopping opportunities, and what better to do in the rain? So that was fun.

The wedding itself was nice. Very cute and very much in keeping with the couple for whom it was for. There were things I wouldn't have done that way. In fact, there were many things I probably wouldn't have done that way- if it was my wedding. But it wasn't my wedding, it was their wedding, and it was absolutely and perfectly them. And they were also so completely blissfully happy with each other that it was difficult not to find that sort of joy infectious. Even with the couple stray wobbles.

The flight back wasn't nearly as eventful, and it was good to be home, even though I came home to loads more rain and cold. And work is somewhat busy, which is a bit stressful because I'm off to Manchester for wedding number two next weekend which is going to be a night and day difference from the one I just went to. This one will be more traditional, and also large- around 150 people as opposed to this past weekend's 20. I'll also come face to face with an old infatuation of mine whom I haven't spoken to in around four years now. It doesn't really bother me in the sense that, the infatuation is long gone. But it's still a somewhat embarrassing incident from the past. Hopefully we can both just be adults about it and it won't be an issue of any kind. Still, that first moment will just be a little bit strange. But I suppose that's to be expected.

In other news, I think I'm a bit depressed at the moment. Can't quite put my finger on it, though I know how my thoughts are swirling about. Still, it's hard to say if that's a result of my being depressed or actually the reason for it. Since I can't figure it out quite yet, I don't really feel like talking about it either.

In fact, I find I'm not too much in the mood to talk about many things at the moment. Withdrawing for me is always a sign of depression.

Anyway. I have one paragraph to go on my next article. It's slightly challenging but I want to finish it before I go to bed.

No comments: