13 March 2008

Still Wobbling

I need to get packing for this wedding. I can't believe the week has come and gone and I'm off again tomorrow. Having found the invitation, the wedding isn't until 3 and I think I'm going to hole up in the hotel Saturday morning and have a book and some puzzles and just zone out. I thought about bringing my computer but even though I'm staying in a luxury hotel, they want to charge for Internet. So screw that. I'll go without. But it will be nice to just luxuriate in a luxury hotel with a television and high thread count sheets before getting all dressed up for the big event.

Of course next week is even worse because I come back Sunday and then I'm off to the states Thursday night. So it's no time at all. I've taken to doing my laundry in the morning before I go to the gym so I can hang it up before I leave for work. It's working out so far, but I still have laundry yet to do. So much left to do. The mind boggles.

And speaking of the mind, I'm still not feeling mentally great. Still depressed. Having a bit of cyclical thinking which is never productive. Intermittently I feel like I just want to curl up in a corner and cry. To me this is a sure sign of lingering depression. Though it's still not particularly focused. I think this is just going to be a strange year. I almost feel like saying it seems like it's going to be a waste of a year. Maybe this is part of the problem. But I need to get through it. I need to get my visa/citizenship stuff sorted out. And then I feel like I can examine the rest of my life. I guess I'm just not at all certain that I'm satisfied at the moment. I mean... I am satisfied. With so many things that maybe I just want to shake it all up because I think I'm too satisfied. I have no idea. All I know is I feel a bit miserable. And this is a problem.

Anyway. I really need to go pack.

No comments: