28 March 2008

Role Reversal

At the end of my first year of college, I had gone out drinking with the goal of 'getting drunk'. I did manage to do that, but was supposed to move out of my dorm room the next day. And I felt horrible. Completely hung over I felt entirely nauseous and ill. After we moved all of my stuff into the local storage unit I finally let it slip about my drinking the night before and my mom said what I really needed was some food and some water and I would feel a lot better. And it turns out, that was exactly correct.

Well last night she and I went out to dinner with this couple who used to live next door and had come to London a while back and who I'd gone out with a bunch. First we went over to their place and had a drink which was nice. C made us dirty martinis which probably had about three shots of vodka each. Then we headed across the street to a Japanese place and the four of us downed three large bottles of sake. Well, during this time I probably drank three or four large glasses of water as well. I felt a light buzz, but I didn't feel drunk. Got home around eleven and went to bed.

This morning, my mother feels sick. Asks if I feel sick and is wondering if it's something we ate. I feel fine. Then I think about it. She doesn't really drink enough water, and she had all that alcohol which she probably doesn't drink that often. So I told her she was hung over. She's been in bed all morning now and isn't convinced it's the alcohol but I am. I told her to keep drinking water and try and have some toast and that she'd probably feel a little bit better.

2 comments:

ElPato said...

Parents are better at giving advice than taking it! haha!

Kopaylopa said...

She's trying to tell me she thinks she got a '24 hour bug'... *rolls eyes*