21 August 2008

I Think I Just Fucked Up

So here's a mundane post about nothing exciting in the relationship department or emotional turmoil department, though I dare say, if what I think is about to happen is going to happen, I do see some emotional strife in my future.

I have tried to wire myself some money home and I think I have fucked it up entirely.

Now there are two possibilities to this impending fiasco. The first, is that the transfer simply won't work- the money will not end up where it is intended which means it will be returned to the point of origin and while this may be a time consuming mistake, it won't be the worst thing in the world.

The other option of course is that between international wire numbers and letters and instructions and accounts, my £1100 is going to end up lost for a good long time- deposited into god knows where, which will not be where it should be, and it will not just come back to the point of origin and I will likely spend the next year of my life trying to track down this lost money.

Really what I want to know in all of this is why the fuck are international money wire transfers so fucking complicated?? It really shouldn't be. In fact, I should be able to make a transfer or payment just like I do from account to account here. Why is it that just because I'm switching countries, the entire system has to seize up and go ballistic in terms of how you go about this arcane procedure?

FUCK.

I wouldn't really care that much except that I let my US account drop below where I usually do, my student loan payments keep coming out of that account like clockwork, and I'm about to travel to the states so I'd like to have access to cash and get stuff on my credit card there to make my life easier. I guess I can just put stuff on my UK credit card and pay it here, but that still isn't really going to make a difference when my student loan payment comes due in a week and a half. Yes, I have the money to cover it (and the month after- and possibly even the month after that, though I think that's it) but that's what that £1100 was for!! I don't have another £1100 that I can just send along to replace it just in case. Mother fucker.

Do I send myself £500 emergency cash just in case and deplete my funds here just to cover this possible impending doom? Of course I'm thinking ahead as well to where I need that £700 come October for my citizenship application.

Money is seriously the root of all evil. Or at least the cause of the most headaches world wide. Fuck.

No comments: