04 August 2008

Demolition (Wo)man

I am not at all happy being back at work today. My weekend was much fun, but it was pretty busy which means I didn't have much time to just chill out and relax. So by the time last night came around I couldn't believe the weekend had already gone and it was time to go back to work. Boo hoo!

I am busy enough at work- today I am working on a phasing plan for an estate regeneration proposal. This means I am coming up with a series of drawings where I erase people's houses in order to put in new houses. In the end I get a lovely ten series sequence. I like this part of my job. Demolishing homes with a sweep of the mouse!

So working backwards, yesterday I spent most of the day with T at S and F's house having a delicious lunch and debating traditional religious and family matters. The debate got fairly intense for a while, which was maybe not the best part of the day, but it never got out of hand, so that was alright. It's interesting though how many cultural things one can take for granted. Or miss, even when you have lived in another country for a while. It's just things people don't talk about but take for granted. Like how a marriage happens, who is in charge of what, what happens when people die, etc etc.

Before that, I met up with S to look at a flat he is interested in buying. That was pretty cool and I hope he gets it. The best part was that it had a fairly large garden and lots of potential for improvement while it wasn't so badly off that you couldn't move in right away either.

On Saturday I met up with Woo and I we went to Kinkfest together which was fun. Except I was fairly disappointed with the event- it wasn't even close to how it had been a couple of years ago. If it hadn't been for the company, I would have been sorely disappointed indeed. It didn't even occur to me to look up the list of stalls or the venue before buying my ticket because I assumed it would be at least as good as it had been in the past. So imagine my surprise when there were only a small handful of stalls in a somewhat small (though pleasant) venue. I'm not sure how that happened, but I'll be much more diligent in the future about checking an event first. For the money, I'd be better off going to LAM or LFF if I want to attend an event in the future, I think Kinkfest is going to get a miss.

On the plus side however, I got some lovely black silk knicker/bloomers with ribbon ties that will go fantastically well with any of my corsets and fishnet stockings and my black boots, so not an entire loss.

Before that, I believe I did some laundry, of which there is much more to do sadly.

Oh, and also, when I left the house Saturday morning, I was pleased to see the rat baby was gone. I would have been upset had it still been there (dead).

No comments: