07 September 2006

Busy Busy Girl

Is it wrong to call yourself a 'girl' when you are 32. I'm sure I'm not the only person to have ever remarked on the lack of a middle phrase for young women. In the same sense that there are 'boys', 'guys', and 'men', there only seem to be 'women' and 'girls'. I suppose we could start saying 'gals' but it's really not the same now is it?

Anyway, this girl has been way too fucking busy. It's one of those bittersweet realizations that your life is very full, and so you are busy, and that's a good thing right? Except your laundry hasn't been done in two weeks, your room looks like a bomb went off, you really don't have much that would pass as 'food' in your refrigerator and you haven't slept much and you feel like you might just be ready to explode.

Since returning from Chicago, I have been busy every night except for that actual night of my arrival. In fact, this is my first non-busy night, but I'm not writing this worthless piece of poo from home, oh no, I'm writing it from work. Because due to a family related friend of my mother sort of thing emergency, I took a two and a half hour lunch and so must stay here for another twenty minutes just to make my working day. And really, I need to finish this drawing for first thing tomorrow morning. Not that it's getting done very quickly while I write this, but I just need a break.

Tomorrow another person is leaving, though not someone many people like that much, so it's not such a big deal like last week. Saturday is a birthday party event for another friend. Sunday might be free, then Monday night I'm getting my ass well beaten by Mr.Noshow at a dungeon for hire that he has rather usefully booked.

I'm looking forward to our play-date, except it's also somewhat bittersweet, as while I expect it to be good, I do not expect it to be fantastic. The sad fact of the matter is, Mr.Noshow doesn't have the capacity in his dealings with me to be fantastic. Not like Mr.Aloof. And that's a bit sad. Because I think, it's going to be good, but it could be so much better.... but for Monday at least, I'm perfectly willing to settle for 'good' and enjoy it. I was saying to SH that I think it's perfectly reasonable to go for good when you haven't had sex at all this year. That's right. No sex all year. I mean, granted I'm the girl who went through multi-year dry spells, but that all changed recently and I'm not of a mind to go back to that time. So yes. Sex, and an ass-whupping is definitely on the table, and probably tied down securely while it thrashes about and curses.

To add to all of this, I had an unfortunate conversation with one of the directors of my practice which made very clear to me that I am not valued at my firm and that basically, it's time to move on. This isn't something that needs to be rushed or sudden, but I think I should probably aim to be in another position at another firm by next year. This will take some forethought and planning and preparation, but since I know it needs to happen, I can start that now. Before I have to start studying for my next exams. Speaking of which, no results yet. I hate waiting.

No comments: