31 August 2006

What's Normal?

I can hardly say that I have returned back to normal when I'm not sure there was much normal there to begin with. This half week of work is all a bit of a mess. Getting back 'into' things, since people have left and are leaving left and right. The office doesn't feel quite right anymore. Too much transition and change all at once. And softball just finished for the season. Everything is all still up in the air, and it needs to settle down.

In other news, the government here continues to pursue a stupid and knee-jerk policy that would potentially make me a criminal. I mean, some of the things I wrote here could quite easily fall into their stupid supposed category. You know, I wrote in when they were doing consultation. And apparently, the consultation did not support the initiative, but they just want to go ahead with it anyway. Hello thought police. What the fuck? I understand how it all got going, really I do. But is it not the responsibility of the government to move beyond an emotional level to a rational and higher level? Oh, wait... what am I talking about... Government. Letting citizens down daily since time began.

Speaking of which, I've planned a tryst for the week after next with Mr.Noshow. I'm actually sort of looking forward to it, though looking forward to being soundly thrashed is always a bit bittersweet. There's the anticipation and thrill, and the knowledge you are going to be seriously hurting, even if you like it... well... it's just a tingly mix. We've planned to meet up at a rentable dungeon in London. I'm also looking forward to that aspect. Update will be after it happens of course.

No word on my exam yet. I think I failed. As usual. But if we look at the past, that's probably a good sign, right?

I don't think I'm really back on London time yet...

I'll leave you with something you probably won't think is normal. Snowball snacky cake. SH bought me one (which is really two) for when I arrived in Chicago. I cut it in half so you could understand the wonder. Mmm-mmmm!

3 comments:

Louche said...

How do you arrange dates with someone who doesn't show up?

I've never managed it.

X said...

I feel deeply sorry for the woman who lost her daughter, but that proposed legislature is pretty shaky-sounding and is definitely not the way to prevent such things happening in future.

---X

Kopaylopa said...

louche- Well, if we've learned anything from this blog, the answer would of course be, before you believe in anything 'watch this space'

X- It's pretty simple to understand no? But I guess being logical doesn't win you votes.

-K