09 September 2006

Playtime On My Mind

It's been so long...

Seriously though. A huge part of any bdsm based play is the build-up. The mental foreplay if you will. All the little comments that hint at what could happen and what might be in store. I would almost go so far as to say it's a huge part of play in general, but then that sort of discounts play that happens in clubs or similar temporary venues. So this sort of build-up is not a necessity, but rather, I think, one of those things that makes playtime with someone you know better, or have longer access too, different.

As Monday evening gets closer, little texts and emails from Mr.Noshow have been on the rise. Some are explicit and some aren't, but they all serve to set the mood and heighten anticipation. And I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Of course it heightens my awareness of impending events. Sets the body all a-tingle. Most excellent.

Unfortunately there's a tiny little dark spot on my enjoyment, because Mr.Noshow, though someone I have now known two years and consider a friend of sorts, will never be able to top me the way I would like. Not to sound like a snotty bitch, but he's just not quick enough. He's too easy to manipulate. And while there are many debates in bdsm circles about 'topping from the bottom', I really just mean that he can't keep up with me all the time, so I have to tone down my own behavior for it all to work. And that just takes a little bit of the shimmer out of it. Even still, I know it will be lots of fun, as long as I set certain bits of myself aside, and never express the above sentiment to him, and that's okay.

The only other thing that is lacking is that Mr.Noshow has a fairly focused desire for bdsm activities and they don't stray very far from the base. For example, bondage really doesn't seem to be his thing so much, unless it's bondage in the context of his interests which is more the 'disciplinarian' scenario. So if I act up a bit, he might use restraints to keep me from moving about, but it will be restraint because of my actions, not restraint for the sake of restraint. Which means there will definitely be no ropework involved. Which is a shame a bit, because having experienced ropework now, all I want is more!

It doesn't necessarily help with all my musings and thinking about things, that this morning I read a nice little blog about Violet Blue and Monk, him showing her a little bit of what he can do. What was even better than the description however, was the video. Because it shows two things I adore. First, laughter and smiles. Because that's something I can completely identify with. In fact, watching the clip, I found that I was grinning. Sometimes it gets forgotten that this stuff is fun. So I really liked the... reality of that. And second, the struggle. Granted it was just a little bit of struggle, and a bit late in the tie for her to really have any chance of doing much. Still, that's also a part of restraint that appeals to me, from the sub position. That you really are under someone else's control. Hm..... yum!

*insert time-lag here for daydreaming*

And on a completely unrelated note, my fingers still smell of garlic from the yummy spinach/tomato/onion/white bean/garlic Italian dish I made last night.

4 comments:

X said...

And on a completely unrelated note, my fingers still smell of garlic from the yummy spinach/tomato/onion/white bean/garlic Italian dish I made last night.

Funny. My fingers smelled of vagina on Friday night from the movie I watched. Thankfully, they don't still smell now.

---X

Kopaylopa said...

Huh. What movie was that? Maybe it's a movie I don't want to see. I only want my fingers to smell of my own vagina. And I really don't want that smell to linger.... ;)

-K

X said...

Right At Your Door. It was an alright movie but it started to drag quite a bit towards the end so we partook of some alternative forms of entertainment. Though, come to think of it (hah! "Come" to think of it!) as horny teenagers we'd probably have done that whatever the movie was.

I only want my fingers to smell of my own vagina.

That's hot. Although there ain't nothing wrong with a second or third party to complete the party.

---X

Kopaylopa said...

*smirk* Is this the part where I call you a sexist pig and ask about dick smelling fingers? *laugh*

-K