25 September 2006

An Outside Opinion

Fucking hormones fucking hormones fucking hormones.

I should pay attention to this. Part of the whole reason for going back on the pill was to try and get a handle on my mood swings. I'm doing okay I think, I just feel maudlin or morose which is perhaps better than aggressive and snappish. Still, depressed isn't necessarily a desirable alternative.

Still, there are things that can cut through the gloom. Someone told me this today because I asked them for their opinion. It made me smile and feel not so defective for a moment.

"levels of strangeness...
well, i can tell you that i've encountered strange in my time-
to the extent i could write a considerable definition of the word.
you are not possibly, the average round-about-town girl...

you have tastes in terms of sexuality that are not for everyone.

you are intelligent to the top 10-percent-of-the-population-degree i would say.

you are sweet, yet sure of yourself.
you need someone who can handle that your femininity is not the miss stilettos kind, but behavioral and devoted.
it's sad that too many men are shallow to the degree that this lacks appeal.
it is also the case that a lot of guys would find intelligence and a forthright sense of opinion to be threatening, and be often defensive towards it."

Yeah. You probably know who wrote it. And no, it doesn't mean anything that way. I'm going to go back to listening to my Simon & Garfunkel now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't think I needed to say that he was right... but in the absence of a new post I thought I might as well!

;0p