30 December 2007

What Was I Thinking?

There are reasons I have rules. Good reasons. Because I know myself, because I know how I respond. Because I know what happens. So why did I think that 'I Am Legend' was not going to be a scary movie? What the hell was I thinking? Well, I know what I was thinking. I was thinking I wanted to see a post apocalyptic New York and that I like Will Smith. This was not very good reasoning on my part.

So now it's late. Well, later than I thought it was at any rate. And I am not wanting to go to bed. I'd like to pin my eyelids open as a matter of fact to prevent what I know is going to be an unpleasant night of dreams. I hope if I watch enough other crap on television I'll blunt the images from my mind and my imagination but we'll see.

The movie was okay at any rate. There were slightly too many things though that didn't make very good sense. And I really don't like when things aren't particularly logical. It's probably a pet peeve of mine. So that was a little bit frustrating. But the rest of the movie was generally enjoyable. Aside from all the scary parts. Argh!

2 comments:

David said...

I thought I Am Legend was a very good movie too. I am a big fan of post-apocalyptic sci fi. Things in movies always seem disjointed because they take a whole book or very long tale and turn it into a 90 - 120 minute synposis.

I think any book you read and then go see the movie, you will find it similarly disjointed, fragmented and chopped up. Another example recently was Eragon. I am now listening to the Audible book and am amazed at how much more story there is.

I might suggest a good book to you if you like that post-apocalyptic kind of thing, Earth Abides by George R. Stewart.

Kopaylopa said...

David- Thanks for the comments (and the link). I think that many reason the book to movie thing doesn't work is that the imagination is such a wonderful thing, but no two are exactly alike. I'll be on the look out for Earth Abides though I think I may not like reading about it as much as I was interested in seeing how they did it.

-K