15 December 2007

Saturday Hangover

And there is no rest for the wicked. In two and a half hours I need to make my way back to Brighton which takes about two hours. I managed to get a reasonable amount of sleep last night, though I did have to get up right in the middle of it to use the bathroom which I almost never do. Still, it was just about eight hours, so I don't really have an excuse for being this exhausted.

Except last night was the office xmas party and that was on the heels of a long and intense night with Mr.Aloof and to use the British expression, I am just shattered! I could easily sleep the rest of the day. Plus I may be on the verge of getting sick, as my throat is a bit sore, though that could just be from all of the screaming and then talking I've been up to. Hard to say.

Last night was fun though. Our office decided on a themed party of '50's style'. I didn't think this was a particularly good idea initially but people started to get into it and then I ended up finding a vintage dress on line and getting it. So I had the day off work and had a nap, and then I went to shower and did my hair in ringlets (which I don't usually bother with- I just let it dry however it wants to go) and got all dressed up and did my make-up and then waited for S to arrive who was my guest and off we went to the party.

And it was a bit funny because I got so many compliments on my dress and how I looked. And I guess what's weird about that to me is that I am not someone who generally dresses for people to notice me at all. In fact, I'd go so far as to say I don't generally like when people notice me physically- it makes me uncomfortable. So I was flattered and a little bit embarrassed that so many people told me how great my dress looked and my hair and my look overall. But of course as self-conscious as I get, it is also nice to hear those things. So it was cool, in a constantly blushing sort of way. And in the end, enough people made an effort that it was actually a lot of fun to see everyone dressed up. Everyone looked really good in general. I guess us rowdy architects clean up alright!

So it was a generally good and fun evening and I got home around 1am. But even though I had stopped drinking well before I left and had also had a couple glasses of water, I find I am still a bit wool headed this morning. And the throat thing isn't really helping matters. Or for that matter the overall body soreness from Thursday. Though I should add, I had the funniest accidental whip mark curling around my arm (usually there are never marks on my arms or lower legs) that showed with my short sleeved dress. So a couple of my more knowing friends had a good snicker about that, but then those same naughty friends thought it would be funny to poke me on it or otherwise poke or prod me when they knew the bruises and marks they couldn't see were far worse than the one they could! Naughty friends indeed.

Still, I'd like nothing more today than to just curl up and be quiet with Mr.Aloof and toy after all of this manic activity, but that's not really the nature of how things are with us, and it's not really an option with todays planned events anyway. Still, I recognize that it's what I'd really like. Ho hum.

No comments: