09 December 2007

Sunday Morning

Looks like I'm on a writing bender. Could hormones be involved? Oh... let me think about that for about .5 seconds. *sigh*

So last night I met with the couple as referenced in my last post. It's the first time I've met the two of them together having previously just met him. Of course I've been talking to them since some time in August when I went in for surgery. It's been a rather drawn out affair.

And at times I felt not worth the pursuit. After all, I already have one inconsistent and inconsiderate couple in my life. Do I really want another? I'm reserving final judgment on the new couple for the time being. After all, for conversation to simply last as long as it has without interaction is moderately supportive.

So anyway, I feel like I should bring this story up to date. It was my requirement that I meet them both out socially together before anything further was considered. I am not someone who tends to move quickly or be impulsive about relationships. And having met him, I felt the possibility of a positive outcome was higher than average. Still, I have no interest in becoming embroiled in others games. And if they weren't on board together as a couple, and if I didn't like her for any reason, then it wasn't going to work. So a social meeting out for all of us was my requirement.

To which they were thirty minutes late after already postponing the originally meeting time by another thirty minutes. This was not a good start. In fact I was about five minutes from finishing my drink and getting on my bus to take me home when they finally arrived. And the evening conversation was pleasant and enjoyable and easy. And I again had the sense that I could pursue things with them.

Of course this was marred by the announcement that they are both leaving tomorrow for the holiday season for an entire month- not to return until January 10! So there will be no further updates on the couple though I'm sure there will be continued email contact.

So that's the couple up to date and now on hold. Then plans with Mr.Aloof and toy. I've been invited down for Thursday night. So this should be interesting because it puts into conflict two issues Mr.Aloof has. The specific reason that he wants me to come down and be involved this week is that it is toys birthday on the weekend. And he wants to create an evening to spoil her. On the other hand, we have just recently covered that further last-minute cancellations due to toy's health or fickleness are not to be continued. I'm anticipating one of three scenarios.

One- Toy will not cancel, I will go down to Brighton, and the evening will go off without a hitch. Past experience tells us that the likelihood of this possibility is about 20%.

Two- Toy will want to cancel and keeping to the agreements of our most recent conversation, Mr.Aloof will have me come down anyway. I have pointed out that sexual activity isn't a requirement but just the physical interaction of being close is. I don't care if we watch movies and just hang out together but the complete cancellation is not acceptable. If I can be flexible and accommodating, then so can they.

Three- Toy will want to cancel and Mr.Aloof will slip into pattern and say something like 'Oh I know what we talked about but....'

So that's the current Thursday plan. Friday is my office holiday party which should be fun and at least generate good gossip. And then Saturday I am again invited to Brighton but for the vanilla version of the birthday celebrations. I've offered to help with food prep earlier than people arrive. And I've been told I can stay over, but since others are staying over who don't know, I won't be staying with them. It'll be one of the sofas or the floor for me. Which is okay.

I don't know. Maybe it's the dark and the time of year. Maybe it's just hormones. Maybe it's that some of my best friends are making a concerted effort to make me change things. I just have a huge feeling of discontent. It's not that I don't like the things I have, it's that I want more. And according to my friends, I deserve more. It's a difficult problem for me. One I will continue to ponder and I'm sure one will continue to bother me because I know I am not ready to make the decision my friends want me to make. But I equally know that I am not currently happy with how things have been and I am dubious as to whether or not they can or will change.

In the meantime, another new article! I am really enjoying writing these articles. I hope to catch up and get ahead over the winter break though so I don't feel like I'm rushing every week to complete one. Then again, I always leave things to the last minute, but I always get things done! I think it's just how I'm wired. So go see The Dark Saints of Kris Wlodarski.

And expect more hormone fueled rambling in the near future.

No comments: