10 January 2008

January Underway

There are a lot of things I could touch on today. But I realize it's been a while since I've written again, so I think just a general update is in order. Christmas and New Years were okay but not exceptional. I had some sort of intestinal problem for a bunch of the time so that wasn't so great. And I think I really just don't enjoy the holidays that much. Having no cultural connection to the holiday season it emphasizes my feeling of isolation. Being in a foreign country. Having a lot of time alone. I just find the whole thing generally depressing and I was not at all sad to start back at work.

Well, maybe I was a little bit.

But work is back on in full swing. And so is gym attendance. I've gone the past three mornings in a row and I plan on going tomorrow as well, so that's good. My legs are killing me however. Shows what a couple of weeks off will do to your fitness levels!

The relationship front is, as usual, tumultuous. Mr.Aloof and I had an argument about how our interaction went over the holidays. And of course now that I exploded at him and he told me off we're back to where we always are. Neither one of us willing to pull the plug and walk away like we probably should. And SH is back from her vacation to South Africa and is arguing pretty hard for me to kick him out of my life. It's almost funny because for seven years I pulled my hair out with her over a bad relationship she couldn't extract herself from, and now the situation is reversed. Still, it's difficult. And painful. And emotional. And I know that it's not all going to have a happy ending, but I also know I'm not ready to give up my drug of choice. So it's generally just a bad situation overall, no matter how I'm feeling about it at any given moment. And I know that.

The other couple return this week and are keen to meet up. I'm also keen to throw myself into something new. But who knows how it will really go. It's still not the solution I truly want. So we'll see.

Knitting is going well. I almost have a sock. But I think when I finish my one sock I'm going to take a break and knit something more fun. I have a couple of friends now who are expecting and I found some adorable patterns for stuffed animals. So this seems like a good idea at the moment. But we'll see if I can actually pull it together. These will be the most complicated patterns I've ever attempted.

New articles being written as well. I have a backlog of artists to write about at this point so I should really get to it. In fact, I should do one this evening. Or at least start one. Time is ticking.

So that's the general update around here. I'll get into one of the above topics in more detail the next time I write maybe. Or maybe not. You never know.

No comments: