11 December 2007

Domestic

The main things on my mind at the moment are cooking and knitting. I know it's a bit incongruous to all my other adventures, but the reality is I'm a bit of a home girl at heart. And I love cooking and making things.

Sunday night for example, I made gyoza. I had gotten it into my head that I really wanted to make them and just kept thinking about it. I've done them before, though not for a very long time. It's not that they're particularly difficult, but I did forget how long it takes to fill and fold each individual dumpling. Still, they came out delicious and my gyoza urge was almost satisfied.

Then last night I made some standard Japanese food and threw together a bento box which I'm going to have for lunch tomorrow which always makes me tremendously happy. And of course it's perfect because tomorrow is the office stitch n' bitch day at lunch.

I'm sure I've mentioned knitting stuff before. Recently I finished a pair of fingerless gloves for myself which I'm tremendously pleased with. Before that I finished a lace scarf- though I'm not sure who to give it to, and since it's black, I won't wear it myself. And I may have also mentioned a choker that broke recently I had been making? I don't remember. At any rate, I've decided to try and repair the choker. It won't be as good as before but because it is black, it is possible that it will be not that noticeable. And then I can give it to the person it was intended for. This weekend actually, because it's her birthday.

So there you have it. Cooking and knitting. The mental pastimes of a pervy girl.

No comments: