22 December 2006

Last Day of Work 2006

And it's only a half day as well. Score! To be fair, this entire week has been a wash for me. I was only in for a couple hours on Monday, not at all on Tuesday, in on Wednesday but I didn't do much and I left early, in on Thursday but I really didn't do anything at all, and today is just a half day and then that's it. In fact this week has been such a waste that I'm going to have to take some work home with me to do at my leisure over the break, which isn't really a problem since most people I know are gone and I'm going to be squirreled up in my house until my relatives arrive.

I was thinking to myself this morning how strange it is, that in New York, for example, everyone comes back to the city for the holidays. It's awash with light and festivities and activities. The city hums and buzzes with a glowing warmth this time of year.

London is a ghost town.

Everyone leaves to go someplace else. And the city doesn't put on much of a holiday show. Perhaps a self fulfilling sort of prophecy. Still, it's a bit of a shame. Even though it's not my holiday, I've always enjoyed the Christmas lights and hubbub that surround it.

2 comments:

X said...

Happy holidays, Kay.

---X

moi said...

happy holls babe
xx
tlsd