02 January 2007

New Year, Same Old Sh*t

I'm not really in the mood for reflection. For someone who spends most of their life in reflection, a time of year dedicated to the topic seems rather redundant. But seeing as how I'm back at work, with a million things to do and not as much motivation to do it as I'd like, let me take this opportunity to update on things going on 'round here.

My break was overall good, though of course not long enough. I had three days of relaxing before my relatives arrived. Of course, my relatives were easy houseguests, but still, two houseguests means that your relaxing time is curtailed a bit, and you need to make sure they are happy and enjoying themselves. Which wasn't really a hardship, it just also wasn't exactly a 'vacation'.

But we got to do some fun things. Spent a day at the Sanctuary which was really very pleasant and enjoyable. And we saw Avenue Q which was really funny. Also saw the modern Swan Lake which was good- plus it was the first time I'd been to Sadler's Wells, so that was cool too. Ate at lots of good places, of course!

Otherwise, work looks to be full on this week- as the never ending project is supposedly due on Friday. So that will be some late nights of getting the shit together. Though it doesn't look to be too bad at the moment, I'm sure that I'm missing something and it will get worse and worse in terms of time. It always does.

Life is not very different this week as it was a couple weeks ago. I think I need some excitement of some kind or another. Preferably the good kind.

No comments: