11 December 2006

Weekend, What Weekend?

Was I not just here at work? I swear I had no weekend at all. I mean, I know I did- but it was so very busy, I had no time to rest. I hate when I don't get to rest on the weekend. It makes the next work week very difficult. And of course I have not one but two holiday parties this week, a meeting with the GLA, and a date. Where does all the time go?

Saturday morning I went to Broadway Market as usual, got a few things here and there, then headed home to get ready for a date with P. P is new, off a new dating site, and this was our first meeting. Was supposed to meet him at 4pm at CCK but when I got there, the place was heaving. Certainly weren't going to get tables. So when he arrived we walked over to Holborn and went to Bierodrome instead which was fine. Had two drinks over three hours and chatted away, then we decided to go get some dinner so we headed towards Covent Garden and ate at this French place I can always find but never remember the name of which is always good. Then we had to go back to Bierordrome because we'd not paid the tab, but that wasn't too bad because he could get the tube at Holborn and it was closer for me to walk to the bus. So at quarter to eleven he walked me to the bus to make sure I got on one, and we had a little nice kiss or two with no tongue and the bus came and home I went.

Sunday morning I slept in for a bit, then SA called and wanted to go to Spitalfields, so we headed that way. Ate at Canteen which is one of my new favorite places to go, then braved the extremely crowded market. SA was looking for gifts to send home, but only found things for himself. I got some bleu cheese and walnuts because I want to make this yummy sounding baked butternut dish tlsd was telling me about on Saturday. From Spitalfields market we walked through to Brick Lane, then ended up at Columbia Road where the Sunday market was ending, then we walked back to SA's place and I watched the final episode of Charmed and showed SA funny things on YouTube. I was going to go home to drop off my blue cheese, walnuts, and bag of rocks (from the flower market- and let me tell you, a bag of rocks is heavy!) but I ran out of time so headed off to MO's house from SA's house as we were supposed to have dinner.

The weather was shit so we decided to order in, but MO didn't have any delivery menus. Thank god we found this site. It's fantastic. I hope to explore who is on it in my area, though it looks like far less than for MO, but she's more central than I am. At any rate, we got pretty good Indian delivery, and hung out watching Scrubs and South Park and talking about how horrible buying property in this country is. Anyway, I didn't leave her house until after 10, so I just got home and needed to go to bed!

And now I'm at work, clearly being productive. I have a dinner tonight which should be alright, and P has asked for a date tomorrow which seems okay. I'm not at all sure how that's going to go yet, but we seem to have good conversation and he's really nice (and suitably kinky) so I'm willing to give him a chance, he's just young, and also, nice. And frankly, I'm not used to being with anyone who is nice and it is sort of freaking my shit out.

Anyway. That's what's new around these parts.

No comments: