28 August 2006

Silent Chicago

Although I've been on the computer, I've not been focused enough to really sit and write long things. Email has been neglected, and also, my blog.

Chicago has been good. The exam was, as all the exams have been, difficult and unfathomable and I have no idea how I did so I could have passed, but I could have failed, but it's over now, so there isn't any more I can do about this particular stab at it.

I hung out for one day before the family festivities with my aunt and uncle and cousins. I went out a couple times with SH and her friends. I saw my friend NC whose wedding I attended in Sienna last year and her husband J which is always nice.

Then the family arrived and it was bar mitzvah madness. The conservative leaning reformed synagogue was a bit more Hebrew than I'm used to or prefer. Though in some way it was nice to go to a service, not having been to one in three years. I used to go most Fridays when I lived in St. Louis. I miss the mental and spiritual recharge of just having a sort of meditative space and moment. I need to get back into yoga I think.

I think my family was a bit upset that I didn't spend more time with them, but it's hard to balance my time when I'm not staying with them either. There were transport issues. Of course no one would lend me their car.

And the week has gone past far too quickly, and tomorrow night I head back to London. I have other things to write about, in respect to the week. And I will when I get back, and get back into my schedule and routine. I also took some pictures I need to upload. So yes I'm alive. And when I get my thoughts in order, I'll write something more witty and substantial. Think good plane thoughts for me blogland. I'll see you again in ole blighty.

5 comments:

Louche said...

Does everyone in Chicago dress like they do in that musical?

moi said...

Yes they do... and when you visit, as you pass through passport control, you get given a whore outfit to wear for the duration of your visit...

Kopaylopa said...

Well maybe that's what happened to YOU... ;)

-K

moi said...

Well I guess because you already dress like that they didn't feel the need to give you a whole new outfit...

;0p

Louche said...

*books tickets*