17 October 2008

Obsessive Clicking

So right this very moment, all the interviews should be over and 'they' should be deciding who they are going to offer jobs to. Now I know they said they would likely not get in touch until Monday or Tuesday, but that does not stop me from feeling that I need to check my email and my phone about every 6.8 seconds. It's becoming a reflexive habit like breathing.

Click.

Click.

Click.

I mean, I know it's a pointless exercise- I probably won't hear until Tuesday and then I'm really not sure it's going to be good news. Still, just know that some people are sitting somewhere at this very moment and deciding your future is really nerve wracking.

Yesterday I had a moment of hope that there was another practice that might be interested in me. But since I haven't heard anything back from them today, that hope is also dwindling fast.

Fuck.

Click.

Fuck.

Click.

Fuck!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But you can stop now, right? Its the weekend. They wont make a decision at the weekend will they? So tey wont mail you wil they. So sit down away from the 'puter and pour a big glass of forgetting juice.

Kopaylopa said...

tcm- Oh no, I mean, what if they come in special on the weekend just to talk about it? (Okay, probably not of course but WHAT IF??).

I'm now considering applying for a job at Midway Council just because it's come up. Midway Council? Fucking fuck.

-K