15 October 2008

Not Optimistic

That doesn't mean I'm out of the game, I just get the sense that maybe I wasn't exactly quite right, and lets face it, as I learned today, I came from a pool of over 200 applicants.

It's great that my CV and cover letter got me in the door for an interview.

It's fantastic that I made it through the first round to the second.

But I really don't know if I got the job or not. It's not that the interview went badly (and the presentation part went very well I thought), but it's clear that the position is 'management' and that they have some possible concerns that maybe I haven't done enough and maybe I'm not quite the right person given my mostly design based experience.

Or maybe they think that I bring skills that would be beneficial.

Really hard to get a read, and really hard to say, I just have this slightly off sense that maybe I didn't get it. It's not about me not being a good candidate, it's really just about whether I'm exactly the right candidate for this particular job.

Apparently they're interviewing on Friday as well, so they said I shouldn't expect to hear anything until Monday or Tuesday.

There won't be much to say until then.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having a "non-good" feeling about an interview means nothing. I remember when my father went for an interview at his last company (he was a structural engineer). He said he came away with the feeling that he wasn't going to get the job but he did - not only that but on his first day he discovered that the position was actually Senior Structural Engineer...

Louche said...

*crosses fingers*

Also, you clearly have some l33t 5killz when it comes to C.V.s and interviews so even if they don't go for you someone else is bound to snap you up.

Kopaylopa said...

druth- That's true, and is why I'm not completely saying 'I know I didn't get it' because I don't know that at all. I just don't feel particularly confident (or optimistic).

louche- Yes, I'm trying to hold on to that... but then start to freak out when I realize there are no other jobs being offered at the moment....