20 October 2008

Not Unexpected

But also not pleasant. I didn't get the job.

Now it's a mad rush to find any job at all. I'm trying to stay very focused on the things that I can control, and not let myself get swamped by all of the things I cannot control.

I contacted two new agents today, one of whom was enthusiastic (albeit, all for jobs I have zero actual interest in, but a job is a job at this point). I am still waiting to hear back from the company I emailed last week. I called today to confirm they received my CV, and he said they had, and he'd passed it along so was waiting to hear back before he got back in touch.

I also passed my details to my friend who works with one of the large international beastly corporations to see if she can get any takers there.

So all in all, not dead yet. Just not great.

So I have consoled myself with baked sugary treats. This recipe was not actually that difficult, there's just some time involved with the dough rising. But otherwise, I will so be making this one again. Yum yum.

2 comments:

Louche said...

Those look excellent, what are they?

Kopaylopa said...

louche- What those are my friend, are ever so slightly over cooked ooeey gooey cinnamon rolls with a rich cream cheese frosting. yum.

-K